If our article about the Kentucky Derby made you interested in trying Copyright Takedown Pie, here is a recipe for a similar dish:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 ready-made piecrust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and butter; mix to combine.
- Stir in the bourbon, walnuts, chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked piecrust.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.